Many industry experts have been sounding the bell on email marketing’s death for some time now, yet that day has yet to arrive. The truth is, email is still one of the most effective marketing tools around, and if its widespread use is any indication, then email marketing is certainly here to stay.
That’s not to say that email marketing is for everybody, and there will always be room for improvement. If your email marketing is not bringing in the kind of profits that you want to see in your business, then here are five strategies to try.
● Gmail now allows images on email, but having your image blocked can still happen. Overcome the challenge of blocked images in emails by associating an image with ALT text. When your audience sees the image you intend them to see, it becomes easier to convey your message.
● Add motion to an email by using animated GIFs. If a picture paints a thousand words, then GIFs portray millions. Animated GIFs attract more attention and retain them much better than a single image ever could.
● With Google supporting responsive design across the Gmail family, there’s a need in adopting responsive email design.
● Have an extensive pre-send email checklist and tick every box before sending out your emails. This way, you’ll be more aware of mistakes and correct them before it’s too late. The longer your pre-send email checklist, the better.
● Achieve more success with email marketing by planning email content months in advance. Effective email marketing campaigns are well-thought-out, and this can only happen when you take the time to plan them thoroughly. Ideally, you should plan your emails at least two months before sending them out.
For more email marketing help, consult an expert online marketing firm.
7 easy wins to add to your email marketing to-do list, MarketingLand.com